Why does cNumerics collect my data?
cNumerics needs to process personal data about you in order for you to use our service and in order for cNumerics to fulfill the license agreement entered into. If cNumerics cannot process your personal data, you are not able to use cNumerics' products or services meaning there is no possibility to enter into a license agreement. cNumerics also processes your personal data if it is necessary in order to:
- omply with obligations following from Statutory Acts.
- pursue the legitimate interests of cNumerics, including in relation to improving products or services.
How does cNumerics collect my data?
Prior entering into an agreement with cNumerics, cNumerics collects your data by you providing it to us yourself in connection with the conclusion of license agreement, including by post, email, telephone, chat or other of our communications services.
Which data does cNumerics collect about me?
Below is a detailed explanation of which data cNumerics collects about you.
1. Information you provide to us yourself
Data you provide to us yourself can be done as follows:
- By registering on our website.
- By contacting cNumerics for other reasons, including through the cNumerics website, email, phone, chat or other service.
- By reporting a problem or communicating with cNumerics concerning our products and services.
When you enter into an agreement, the data you provide to cNumerics includes the following:
- telephone number
Those data cNumerics receives from you, will be used, including registered and stored, by cNumerics.
2. Automatically collected data by using our website
The moment you visit cNumerics' website, cNumerics can automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, which includes the IP address and ISP Internet protocol used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, screen resolution, location, and font settings
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (url) clickstream to, through and from the website (including data and time), products you have also searched for, any files you have opened through our page (HTML pages, graphics, etc.) the page's response times, download errors, the length of visits to certain pages, information about page behavior and methods used to flip off the page and phone numbers , which is used to call our customer service number.
3. Data collected from third parties
cNumerics collects data about you through third parties. This will be done in accordance with the laws in force at any time and if it becomes necessary to ask you for consent prior to collecting the data, such consent will be obtained from you.
Does cNumerics pass my data to third parties?
cNumerics uses different data processors to offer its service. It is important to notice that cNumerics does not sell your personal data to third parties. cNumerics only use data processors which are necessary in order for cNumerics to offer its service. The data processors only process your personal data according to our instructions and the instructions you have given us. cNumerics requires a high level of security of our data processors. cNumerics uses data processors for different purposes. cNumerics uses data processor to ensure you are not a robot when visiting our website, enabling customer support, handling licenses, handling payments and web hosting. cNumerics uses the following data processors:
- Microsoft Azure
How long does cNumerics store my data?
cNumerics stores your data for a period after your contractual relationship has ended with us. This is because cNumerics will ensure its own legitimate legal interests in the event of any dispute, as well as to observe the obligations of cNumerics under any applicable national law. Only to the extent deemed reasonable and necessary for the purpose for which the data is processed will cNumerics store your personal data after the termination of the contractual relationship.
What rights do I have concerning my data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the following rights:
- the right to access your own data
- the right to request that cNumerics correct or restrict the processing of certain information about you,
- the right to have your data deleted (the right to be forgotten)
the right to oppose the processing of your data and to restrict the processing of your data, including:
- if the processing of your data is based on consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. The revocation of your consent will not affect the legal processing that took place before you revoked the consent. Your consent can be revoked by contacting cNumerics.
- the right to receive a copy of the data that cNumerics processes about you in a structured and machine-readable format (data portability)
- the right to submit a complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency if cNumerics' processing of your data does not comply with applicable law
The way you exercise your rights is by sending a request to cNumerics on firstname.lastname@example.org. cNumerics will respond to your request as soon as possible. cNumerics shall, however, draw attention to the fact that there may be circumstances which make it impossible for cNumerics to comply with your request. Such a case will exist if cNumerics is required to retain your data by national law. You can read more about your rights and remedies on the Data Protection Agency's website www.datatilsynet.dk or file a complaint with:
Danish Data Protection Agency
Carl Jacobsens Vej 35
Phone: +45 3319 3200
How can I contact cNumerics?